Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Oops, been awhile

WOW. It's hard to believe that my last post was back in June. Time flies, lol. The summer months are typically the most busy months for me at work, and this year has been no exception. In fact, we are now in October, and still trying to catch up. Scouting has started out full-bore with the Pack, and Popcorn sales are in progress.



Looking back at where I started in scouts as a Leader, and where I am now, it has been an amazing adventure. I have done things that I never would have considered. In fact, I have done alot of things that I would have been afraid to try, for fear of failing. For that reason, and a few more, I made the decision earlier this fall to step down from my job with the Pack, and step into a job with My son's Troop. I realized that by trying to do both, I was unable to do either one well enough. The times with My Pack, have been great, but my heart is with the Troop. It is wonderful to watch these young men start to come into their own, and become the men that will lead our nation.



I am gonna miss the enthusiasm, and just plain old joy on the faces of the younger guys when they get to do something new. That has always been my weak spot. I love seeing them happy. There is just something about the laughter of a child that can fix any problem, or stress level. My next big adventure is finishing out my WoodBadge ticket, and leading my new/old boys on a trip to FL in November. Kennedy Space Center, here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment